Michigan Diabetes Prevention NetworkThe Michigan Diabetes Prevention Network was created to support and engage partners in diabetes prevention and serve as a vehicle to share information and resources. These resources are intended to help you as you deliver your diabetes prevention programs.
If you want to share something from your organization with everyone, let us know. If you have suggestions for resources you would like us to share, let us know that too! For more information contact Tamah Gustafson at email@example.com.
2017 Network Meeting Dates
- Wednesday, March 22, 2017
- Tuesday, July 25, 2017
- Thursday, October 12, 2017
July 2016, Summer Network Meeting
- Community–Clinical Linkages to Prevent Type 2 DiabetesChristopher Holliday, PhD, MPH, Director, Population Health, American Medical Association
- Partnerships and Sustainability TrainingShelli Bischoff, MPA, President and CEO of Nonprofit Impact
March 2016, Spring Network Meeting
- Michigan Diabetes Prevention Updates-March 2016Tamah Gustafson, Michigan Diabetes Prevention and Control Program
- Connecting Hospital Operations to a Community-based Diabetes Management Program--Lessons LearnedLaura Appel, Senior Vice President and Chief Innovation Officer, Michigan Health & Hospital Association
- Macomb Partners in Health DPP StrategiesLisa Mason, Vice President, Program Partnerships, Greater Detroit Area Health Council
Ameldia Brown, Manager, Faith and Community Health, Henry Ford Macomb
- Community Health Workers: Supporting Diabetes Prevention in MichiganKatie Mitchell, Project Director, Michigan Community Health Worker Alliance
If you have any questions or to register for the Michigan Diabetes Prevention Network email Tamah Gustafson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Registering will ensure you have the most up-to-date network information including news, resources and meeting invitations.
Data MaterialsPending recognized organization partners can use the documents below:
- CDC DPP Program
- CDC Diabetes Prevention Recognition Program Standards Document
- DTTAC Common Grounds
- Lifestyle Curriculum Documents
- Mortality and Morbidity Weekly Report (MMWR) Awareness of Prediabetes--US 2005-2010